Hellooooooooo

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Long Time No Post & Pooey Bins.

Hello.

Sorry I've not posted in a while.  Not sure why really.  I didn't feel like sharing my thoughts as my thoughts were a bit grey & miserable. 

Today I left work early to go to the gym and as I parked outside my home, I watched the neighbour chuck a black sack of rubbish into his shared bin and just leave it outside on the pavement, instead of dragging it back into the front garden like most people would.  He'd also just ignored another bin that had been knocked over on the pavement.

I slammed my car door, walked up to the bin behind him and loudly muttering, "FOR FUQ SAKE" lifted the bin and straightened in myself.  His bin.  Lazy horrible bar$tard! 

Then, feeling annoyed at the state of society nowadays but also strangely pleased with my own superiority, I dragged my bin up the path and into our garden.  As I turned, facing the bin, to close the garden gate, I got the most awful whiff of sickly, rancid sh!t.

I dropped MY SHOPPING bags, and opened the lid.

The stench was putrid, rotting poo & waste and I am embarrassed to say so but maggots were wriggling around happily in the mush.

So, feeling not quite so superior anymore, I boiled pan after pan and kettle's full and bleached and Dettol'd and scrubbed the inside & outside of the bin until it smelt ONLY of cleanliness.

In the process, as I'm so obviously not used to the cleaning bin process, I splashed boiling hot water up both shins, (luckily I had opaque tights on which saved me a bit) and got through all but one ofthe scouring sponges. 

I'm sure there are levels of cleanliness and after today, I'm not sure where I fit it anymore.  If level 10 was OCD and level 1 was a tramp, then i'd have said I was a good 6.8/ 7 until the sh!t & maggot infested bin debacle but now, hmmmmn, maybe I'd scrape a 4 !!! 

I blame my daughter.  She is one of just three left at nursery in her group still in nappies.  She really can't be ar$ed with the whole toilet ritual and enjoys the freedom a nappy allows her exploring schedule.  Unlike the rest of us, she doesn't have to miss a second of the action, be it watching television, playing hide & seek or sand castle building.  I was much more uptight when it came to my son and nappies.  With daughter, she is so sure of herself and really couldn't give a hoot what others think and I kind of like that attitude. 

I will still blame her pooey ar$e for dragging me down in the cleanliness stakes though!

4 comments:

  1. I thought I was doing well on the cleanliness front however a couple of weeks off and more time spent in my home in natual daylight and I was horrified by the dust, cobwebs and dirty windows that the sun enhances beautifully, however I did something completely out of character. ..........I left it for a rainy day and enjoyed the time off with my brilliant family! I am pleased to say that I haven't been struck by lightning, no one actually cares and I'm pleased that I dropped my standards for fun times instead. I can live with 7/8 honest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Showgirl - that is refreshing to hear that you left the housework - you are normal after all (even if you did rate yourself a rather smug 7/8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. Posting sometimes reveals the the dark and grey moments you might have. I have had my own as of late. Lovely garbage weather you have been having as of late!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R.jacob - Thank you. I have realised how easy it is for a certain couple of tramps to find me from my old blog and it made me not want to write. Hope you're better now?

    ReplyDelete

Do comment...it makes me happy!