Hellooooooooo

Friday 23 September 2011

Random Acts of Kindness

 

I haven't been to the gym in about 5 weeks.

I haven't checked my direct debit for the gym in ages, assuming no news is good news.

I decided to check through my Direct Debits nd there ws no sign of my gym one.

I rang the bank and they assured me that the DD was still set up and ready to go and that I'd always had sufficient funds,(just about).

The bank recommended that I ring my gym directly.

I worried.

I spoke to S and told him that I had used the service but not been billed for 8 months and wanted to ring them. 

S said he couldn't believe that I was going to ring someone and ask if I owed them money....he made me feel very silly.

I worried some more.

I rang Consumer Advice.  They recommended that I ring the gym and offer to make a payment plan. They agreed with me that I had used the service and would have to pay for it, even though they agreed that it was through no fault of mine.

AAAGGH!!

I rang Marie and Sarah.  They panicked on my behalf and confirmed that they would both bring it to the gyms attention.  They both said they hoped the gym wouldn't foot me with the lump sum for the last 8 months.

I felt sick and emailed the gym.

Ten minutes later, their reply appeared in my inbox. 

I had a horrible, anxious, sick feeling.

Can you believe that they apologised for any inconvenience that I'd been caused by their collection company making such an error and that they would not be charging me for the missed months???!  They also said that they hoped I'd continue enjoying their gym and fitness classes!!!

I was so happy and relieved that I could've ran exercising into the streets, like Richard Simmons! It's so rare these days to have such good customer service isn't it?  It's given me the boot up the jacksy to go back to the regular gym sessions too!

I might take them a massive tin of chocolates... low fat ones naturally!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment...it makes me happy!