Hellooooooooo

Thursday 26 May 2011

Alright?

The Tree of Forgiveness
All a bit nothingy today.

The weather outside (as opposed to the weather inside) has turned grey and murky.  There's been a bit of thunder and it rained heavily on my drive home from work, as though the sky had just realised it could take no more premature sun and warmth and had just burst in a fit of frustration.

I bought two bags of Transformer crisps for the kids, on the way to collect them from nursery and my back got drenched by cold heavy raindrops as I farted about with the kids car seats.

I turned my radio off so I could have a conversation with them on the 15 minute drive from nursery to home. J spoke non stop and A sat silently eating crisp after crisp.  She piped up occasionally to shout "ERE YAR...CRISP, MUMMY", over the windscreen wipers and the car heater.

We passed a man on a bicycle, with no helmet on and wearing shorts.  He was soaked to the skin and peddling hard into the down pour.  It made me feel very cosy and safe.  J was staring at the cyclist and looked concerned and shouted at me, "MUMMY? THESE CRISPS DON'T TASTE LIKE RACING CARS"!
"NO"? I shouted back, "WHAT DO THEY TASTE LIKE"?
"I SAAAAID, THESE CRISPS DON'T TASTE LIKE RACING CAAARS"!!! He bellowed.
"THAT'S GOOD THEN"?! I yelled.

We got home, ran through the rain, through the front door and into the silence.

Dry, quiet, warm and familiar.  The light does funny things to your eyes when you come in from outside and haven't turned the lights on yet.  There was a faint waft of hamster pee as I chucked the bags on the floor and started pulling small shoes of little perfect feet, (the kids, not the hamsters...he doesn't wear shoes but he does have tiny perfect feet).

"No telly tonight... I'll read a nice long story"... I said to J & A. 

The kids got washed and brushed and ready in their mis-matched pyjamas and I sat on the floor in their room whilst they sipped their little mugs of milk.

I read Town Mouse & Country Mouse.  The story was quite 'nothingy' too. A nothingy story to end a nothingy day.  I kissed the kids and closed the door.

I've been on ebay a bit. I also looked at before and after photo's of vaginoplasty operations and felt quite sick...someone had been talking about them yesterday and so I curiously checked what all the fuss is about.  I showed S when he came in from football and he looked a bit uncomfortable as well.

S is now cooking sweet & sour chicken stir fry & noodles. 

I cooked fish & chips yesterday, according to a Weightwatchers recipe.  I used polenta for the first time, (not placenta...there's no link to the vaginoplasty topic)... and I made wedges from scratch and baked them. The '20 min' cooking time was actually 55 bloomin minutes and I'd made the batter too thick but it was a 'good effort', according S.  OOH AND, I bought Coley fillets, instead of Cod.  The cod would have cost over a fiver each where as the coley came to £2.30 for both huge fillets...and it's sustainable, unlike the diminishing cod.  The only reason it's not as popular is coz the Cod is bright white, where as the coley is a little bit greyish. Tasted exactly the same. Please buy coley instead of cod or tuna next time...give it a go. Oh and polenta filled me with WIND!

Oh and the picture at the start of the post is called The Tree of Forgiveness.... I did a google search for 'coley' and that image appeared amongst all the fish. 
It has no connection to this post, apart from that clotheswise the couple in the picture are a bit 'nothingy'...but I just thought "OH WOW"! asI haven't seen that painting since I was about 5, in my aunties house...I was always a bit embarrassed coz of the nudity.  It's funny thinking about all the zillions of memories, words & images that your brain stores, unearthed for decades eh?

Anyway... I'm off to eat my dinner now.  Sorry for the boring, nothingy post tonight. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Nothingy Day is a funny sort odd day, When you look back on a Nothingy day you kind of feel a little fed up and ask yourself is my life going to the same as this forever, in a Groundhog thought of way. But then when everything is going wrong and your stressed or when life is frantic and your feet haven't touched the ground we plead for a normal Nothingy day, just one normal day when we know exactly what we are doing and where we are supposed to be, with no extra plans, its kind of comforting! If we didn't have Nothingy Days we wouldn't appreciate the best days of our lives! Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord, have just read my post, its all over the place, me thinks its time for bed! Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect nothingy post. I love that painting. it caused outrage at the time due to the nekkedness of the people in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous/Emmy - It made perfect sense to me Emmy. Nothingy days are fine...it's far too tiring being a social butterfly anyway, so I am just fine with just farting into the settee most nights!

    Linda - Did it really? I hated the painting...it caused outrage and embarrassment to my five year old self too!

    ReplyDelete

Do comment...it makes me happy!