Hellooooooooo

Sunday 15 May 2011

Boot Sale

I donnarf love a Car Boot Sale. 

S got the short straw today and had to contain our 4 yr old son, whilst I lucked in and got to push our 2 yr old in the push chair...(a necessity to allow for perusal of potential bargains).

I normally end up buying the kids a toy of some sort and often pick up a few items of clothing for A, (our 2 yr old) but today, I think due to the relaxing three weeks off work we're nearing the end of, I took my time and really rummaged through the books and films.

I ended up buying Meltdown by Ben Elton, (about a coke sniffing city trader who's fortunes take a big knock and how he deals with failure), Stephen Fry presents Oscar Wilde's Stories for all Ages, Russell Brands Articles of Faith, Tales from Shakespeare, (20 of his works, shoved into one book...I should hopefully be able to cope with Shakespeare in such bite size helpings), The Timewaster Letters by Robin Cooper, for years Mr Cooper has been plaguing department stores, groups, aassociations and a certain children's book publisher with a ridiculous array of letters about such trivialities as arranging a surprise clarinet party for his wife, designing scarecrows out of beef and the search for his lost shoelace.  He enviously has a lot of spare time.  Anyway, Ricky Gervais, David Walliams and Avid Merrion, among others,  have all stated how funny they found the book, so I had to buy it. Oh and I bought a DVD, Keeping Mum, "British comedy at it's best", screams the Daily Mirror...we shall see eh?

I'm sure it'll take me far too long to read and let you know what I thought and my reviews aren't exactly abundant in bouquets of linguistic blooms but I shall nevertheless, strive to recommend, or forewarn you!

Good day !                                  

4 comments:

  1. I'll let you know when I have mine!

    Nothing like going through other people's lives at a trash and treasure market. Then bring the stuff home and add it to the ever growing pile of "stuff".

    Then hold a sale yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah see, now I reckon your stall would be rubbish...just because you'd keep on to all the cool stuff and sell the toot.
    The pile we have sorted out for our boot sale is made up mostly of stuff we'd previously paid tuppence for, thinking "what a great find"! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, no, really, I am cleaning out my kitchen cupboards and linen cupboard. I have some lovely, lovely stuff that I am just ready to move on. I might Ebay it.

    However, what happens in the end is that I cannot be bothered having a boot sale/market stall and just send it all down to the charity shop.

    Not this time though - I want the dosh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could make a poster stating, "all proceeds go towards making me a hair free zone"! I wonder how many objects you'll have to palm off on the poor public before you'll be able to rid yourself of your knicker side-burns.

    ReplyDelete

Do comment...it makes me happy!