Hellooooooooo

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Lard and Lakes

I have had a few days off the old exercise and a few days on the chocolate, crisps and party food.  Due mainly to the wedding on Friday and then, well, I just slunk back into the cosy world of laziness.

Saturday just gone, we were quite rightly hungover, although S was a lot worse than me as he drank pints whilst I opted for rose spritzers.  Weak rose wine and fizzy water.  So I did make a bit of an effort as it would've been easy for me to opt instead for litres of Baileys, (mmmmmn Baileys) but I didn't.

I did eat half a quiche and probably 10 cocktail sausages, wedding cake, crisps, etc etc and on the Saturday morning, after getting in at 1.30am, the kids were still in the land of nod, as was S, by 9.30 so I shuffled downstairs and brought up 6 slices of very thick cheese on toast.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn, cheese.

At about 11 am, the four of us plotted on the sofa, like a family of Ozzy Osborne's and ate onion rings, nik naks, salt n vinegar squares, beef monster munch, spicy transformer snacks, prawn cocktail walkers, milk bottle sweets, kinda bueno, bounty bars and other chocolate and a chicken!

We had a small dinner.

Sunday, we had a walk around the lakes.  This took about three hours and we explained to the kids that due to the gluttony of the past few days, we all had to 'get some air in our lungs'.  They loved it.  We loved it.


My family


I told the kids this was the magic faraway tree


My boys sorting out a good future fishing spot


some pervy bugs, makin love not war
 For once, I took proper photo's of the surroundings and although I have no idea how to work my cheap digital camera, the scenery spoke for itself.  Just pure and utter serenity.

So, Monday came around too quickly, as always and I had vowed that I would get back down the gym.  I didn't.  I came home and asked S to pick me up a Toblerone on his way home.  I sat and ate the entire bar in a few minutes.  I hadn't simply fallen off the wagon, I had plummeted to the ground, got the reigns wrapped round a fat ankle and been dragged by said wagon,  through several towns.

Today, Tuesday, I had already booked myself into an exercise class and got my 50p ready for the big weigh in.  I have put on 1lb, so I am back up to 11st 5lb. Not bad eh?  It did get me thinking about cake a lot and today at work, I got talking to my colleague Jo who said she was thinking about baking a cake and bringing it in.  Jo has a gluten intolerance so she said she'll make in 'healthy'. I suggested attempting to make a really healthy cake with no butter and no sugar.

When I got home and read a few blogs, I saw Linda's post for today and thought, 'what a bloomin coincidence'!  Or is it that all us poor women are constantly battling our brains and taste buds to sustain a less rotund waistline?

http://www.lindastwaddle.com/2011/07/healthy-baking.html  Have a look at Linda's post and if you can think of a way to make a cake without the use of fat and sugar, TELL US ALL!!!???!!

Tonight, whilst reading Linda's blog, I ate 6 fish fingers and some curly kale.  hmmm.

3 comments:

  1. I love your writing and have decided to add you to my reading list which I faithfully read each day.

    Bad habits are tough to break, use substitutions or even smaller cups and dishes. You will get through to what ever you are hoping for.

    ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eff the gym. Eff exercise. Now excuse me while I pour myself a Guinness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am never making those cup cakes again! From now on it is buttery things wiv chocolate.

    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Do comment...it makes me happy!