Hellooooooooo

Monday 18 July 2011

Seven Large

Would anyone out there like to give me £7000? 

I was just reading that the Scottish couple who have scooped £161 million on the Euro Lottery may have to flee the country after being inundated by begging letters.

One hundred and sixty one million pounds.

Surely they could hire someone to sort the wheat from the chaff?  I mean, come on, if you won that kind of money, you'd want to help quite a few people out. Wouldn't you?

None of the low life spamming scrotes who bombard us via email every day, trying to stitch people up and con us all no but all the people you've met over the years who just struggle.  Like me.

I would definitely help someone like me, who works but can't afford to get certain over priced necessities. 

I would help working people, disabled or retired men and women who bothered to explain their situation and why they needed a little extra financial help, if I agreed, or understood their plight. 

According to some websites, the interest on £161 million is around £9000 per day. So you could easily give away say, £7000 a day to worthy people and still be making lots of money.

It's a shame that they are worrying already about beggars.  If you dealt with the beggars properly, it might be quite fulfilling. 

So, back to me and that £7000.  Honestly, if anyone out there is rich enough not to miss £7000 too much and would like to give it to me, I will use it wisely, for a necessity that I simply cannot afford.

Well done you two!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wouldn't it be lovely, to live on INTEREST?!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I think it is a disgusting amount of money for one couple to win. Just how much money does one need. Really, it makes me sick.

    However, if I had that much I would invest it and use the money for philanthropic ventures. You could do a lot of good for people and charities.

    And I might never, ever cook again.

    It's too much to just spend mindlessly. I hope they do something useful with this money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pearl - Why thank you so much for dropping by. I do hope you make regular visits.
    Yeah it's a dream, the thought of living on interest. Really try to imagine it?!

    Linda - Does it really make you sick? I can't understand how the governments of the world get it all so wrong. Why there are people in India, scratching around in their own faeces for food and yet £161 million of 'spare' cash to give to one couple that, judging by their house, weren't doing too badly without it.
    It doesn't make me sick though. What does is the amount of money wasted year in, year out on keeping the poor, poor and ignorant. Housing Benefit makes me sick. The way all the money in the world is distributed is wrong.
    I still want £7000 though and for a second, when I saw that this post had two comments, I thought I'd hit the jackpot hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I won that money, I might hire someone to eat for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. R.Jacob - I'd have to hire someone to exercise for me...imagine all the rich, exquisite fayre you could munch through?!

    ReplyDelete

Do comment...it makes me happy!