Hellooooooooo

Monday 25 July 2011

What a Nerve



Doctors tomorrow, as I have a suspected trapped nerve somewhere near my right shoulder blade.

I felt myself getting sort of compressed, from jogging on the treadmill and kind of achy from weight lifting (small weights, high reps) and so I decided I'd pop along to Pilates. 

I thought I could do with a damn good stretch.

Well, it wasn't even that stretchy and I walked out of there feeling like I'd go again BUT Thursday morning came and I could hardly move me neck!  Well, it hurt a lot to look down and wasn't particularly comfy looking left, right & up either.  Now, after a trip to minor injuries on Saturday, due to my right arm going numb, I have been advised to go to Docs if problem persists.  Well, it has not only persisted but got progressively worse.  The Nurofen work for about 30 mins then back to sickly pins & needles feeling again.

AM I DESTINED TO BE FATTY PATTY ALL BEEF OR WHAT?

First i got shin splints, now a trapped effing nerve.

I tell you what, I deserved those two slices of cake at lunchtime.  I DESERVED THEM!

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a case of too much,too fast when doing an exercise. Proper form is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not mean to leave without saying I do care that you are in pain. I have so many aching parts I am thinking of stealing the oil can from the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz! I hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deb, it's so rotten when you get an injury. I remember when I started getting chronic problems and the trainer said "oh, yeah, all sporty people have those things happen". I feel like the moment I get one thing fixed another problem appears.

    Hope it is better by now.

    ReplyDelete

Do comment...it makes me happy!