Hellooooooooo

Saturday 9 April 2011

4.15 Grand National 2011

I will be betting today.

 

From as early as I can remember, my Mum has made us pick out our horses, trotted round to the bookies and then sat on the poufe in front of the telly and pretended to jump over Bechers Brook and The Chair whilst 'whipping' her backside and shouting 'COME ON MY DARLINGS'!

















I called her, "a bit gay" this morning over the phone as she said she 'wants them all to win'.  I know what she means.  The fences are too high and you just pray they all get round without getting injured.

A few years back, when only 4 horses completed, I picked 2nd and 4th and nearly chose the winner, Red Marauder but decided I'd bet too much and didn't.  I had quite a winning streak for a few years and have never not bet.

This year I might stick a couple of quid on a tricast.  Choosing 3 horses to come in any order in the top three.  I'm toying with Backstage, Ballabrig and Vic Venturi. 

I am also liking Quinz as an on the nose bet and Skippers Brig, Hello Bud and State of Play for each ways. 

I can't bet on all of them, so I think I'll stick with Quinz to win, Skippers Brig ew, definitely my tricast (I think it's a reverse tricast if you say in any order) and I have the kids choices already down. 

My son chose What A Friend, and daughter chose Character Building.  They then fought over King Fontaine, so I'll stick a £1 ew on him too. 

Oh and I have chosen Vic Venturi and Oscar Time in the works sweepstake.  Not bad eh?

I'd say Good Luck to all but that'd be 'a bit gay' wouldn't it?   So I'll say instead, may all the runners and riders get round in one piece and have a great race!

GOOD LUCK TO ME! TALLY HO! GIDDY UP! YEEE HAAAAH PARRTNER!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Debs...

    I too am a bit of a gambler. I have already had Win Bets on Oscar Time and Silver by Nature (£10 win) and I have had E/W bets (£2 e/w) on Killy Glen and Chief Dan George.

    I am now going to log into my secret online William Hill account (!! who knew?) and bet on Skippers Brig because it was tipped by John Francombe this morning and any others that catch my eye :)

    I went through a stage of going to Aintree for the Grand National a few years back. The first year, we couldnt get a hotel booked and ended up 40 miles away in the Wirral in a Travel Lodge (lenny henry is a fucking liar!) - We had to get a taxi the 40 miles, we were in with the scum and had the winner on the National (Monty's Pass)got very drunk had one of the best days of my life and ended up in Chinatown before the 40 mile trek back to the "hotel". The following year, we went up by limo, stayed at the Marriott Hotel and had a ticket in the Aldiniti stand and a four course meal with all the "celebs" and rich people... worse day ever!! no winners and no fun at all!! funny really. Haven't been since we have been in Norn Iron but I love Horse Racing and especially the Grand National. I worry about the horses and the jockeys but it is the greatest race in the world and the pinacle for any jockeys racing year. We just have to sit back, relax and enjoy it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3rd 4th and 5th this year. Each way bet. Damn terrible...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BC - Some places, Tote & Ladbrokes, were paying out on 5th! Check, you should defo have wone something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sphillips05 - I am yet to co,mment [properly as have had no time this weekend but you did as shoite as me then! Thankyou for such a great long comment on the Books post, love it...will read properlyand comment tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete

Do comment...it makes me happy!