Hellooooooooo

Wednesday 27 April 2011

EBAY KNOB HEADS!

I got right into ebay a little while ago and enjoyed sorting out our old, unwanted clobber and photographing it, in it's best light and describing it in a way that was honest and enticing.

We had the idea that we'd make lots of cash and de-clutter at the same time.  We even toyed with the idea of trawling the charity shops for 'designer gear' to sell on ebay at a tidy profit.  We didn't bother of course!

I have 100% positive feedback on my ebay account.  It's fairly simple to obtain.  You just pay immediately when you 'win' an item and describe the items you're selling 100% accurately, then post them on time.

What I don't understand is how people, sellers, can get angry when you leave non positive feedback, when you receive an item that is not as described.

I 'won' a little pink top for my daughter and it arrived covered in stains.  I re checked the original advert and it definitely said nothing about any marks.  It also warned that should there be a problem, you need to contact them first.  As well as the warning, it stated clearly that the seller did not do refunds!

I checked the sellers feedback which was mostly positive and then I checked the sellers responses to negative feedback.

One buyer had received an item 'not asdescribed' and had left feedback stating as such.  The seller had took a real disliking to this and commented publicly that the buyer had sold 'smelly items' to another buyer! I felt that this attack was unrelated to the buyer simply stating the truth, that they had read a description, liked what they'd read, bought the item, then received something different to that in the advert.  I thought we had a right to leave honest feedback without being abused for it!

Anyway, this stirred something in me to leave accurate and negative feedback. 

I said something along the lines of, "item stained- seller should've said - no time to change as is 4 holiday.

A few hours later, I put Vanish stain remover all over the top and stuck it on a hot wash.  I then checked my eBay messages. 

The seller had emailed me directly as a response to me leaving negative feedback.  The seller seems to have a less than average grasp of the English language but has attempted and been quite successful in getting their emotions across...

do you know what read seller listing is clearly NOT
its states before leaving any bad feedback email me first so i can help to sort the issue out but clearly you didnt so you leave me no choose but to contact ebay about you
as you leave me neg feeback without me offer a refund or any thing else to help
you will be hear from them soon
i wait for reply


Hahahaha sorry!  So, I replied;

Excuse me?

Your email is unbelievably aggressive!

I explained that I have no time to go back and forth and you should have described the item accurately.

I have noticed that you have been quite rude and unprofessional to most buyers who have left anything other than positive feedback. You even stated that one buyer sold 'smelly' items.

I have the right to comment. If negative feedback makes you so angry, you should describe the items you are selling accurately, then you would have no reason to abuse your buyers.


.....What a strange little person eh?  I reported the seller to eBay's resolution centre and said that I simply wished for no more contact from them.

I checked my messages just now and the seller has suddenly decided to go against their original 'no returns' policy and offered a refund...... but not for the money it'll cost me to return the item though.

I thought eBay was meant to be a happy little land of treasure hunting, recycling and bargains. 

BOO to the eBay knob heads and bring back Noel Edmond's Swap Shop!

3 comments:

  1. I only buy things like shampoo etc. from Ebay. This is after buying things like clothes and finding that the description was very unlike the item.

    The saving was not worth the grief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had 98% positive experiences but two turned out to be a^seholes when I've received crap that wasn't what I had paid for. I think they know that no one will be arsed to send it back for a refund.
    And how do you know that the shampoo you've just stuck on your head doesn't contain hair remover?!
    I often think that when I'm slathering on discounted cocoa butter...hoping no one's jizzed in it! ergh! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I often wonder if someone has really, really washed their hands properly before handling food. Especially with so many different ideas of what constitutes clean in different cultures.

    ReplyDelete

Do comment...it makes me happy!